Saturday, March 9, 2013

GBA

I had my first US visitor this week.  My brother-in-law, Mike Vogel, was in town for work.  We got a chance to go for dinner and drinks.  It was really nice to hang out --- just the two of us --- without any family, kids, etc.  That Mike Vogel (yes, I have to use his full name) is a good time.


It was nice to have a little bit of home here.  To be honest, I have a reminder of home every day.  Right before I left, I got an American flag from my nephew Patrick (he was very concerned that I was going to another country).  Patrick's flag is on my fridge, along with pictures of my nieces and nephews (and a particularly funny picture of Brock's Angels).


I also have on display a card from my friend Linda's daughter, Sarah.


I love all the reminders from home, especially since they are homemade. 

As my friend Shark says "GBA - God Bless America". 

No comments:

Post a Comment