Sunday, September 22, 2013

Score One for Britain!

Season 4 of Downton Abbey debuted tonight!  It won't air in the US until January 2014, so I feel like I got a sneak peak.  It almost makes up for the fact that I won't be able to watch the Emmy's.

Don't worry, no spoiler alerts here.  Just a few things I noted that have nothing to do with the storyline:

1) Lady Mary has some hairstyles that look like Princess Leia buns.  Not sure if that is a grieving hairstyle, but it was weird.

2) Still love Daisy.

3) Tom (Lady Sybil's hubby) looks puffy.

4) Lady Edith wears some beautiful dresses.  Lady Mary's all in mourning, so I'm sure her dresses are pretty too, but Lady Edith's dresses have color.  Her green dress from when she went to dinner out in London was beautiful.

5) Still love Maggie Smith's character (her character's title is too wordy).

6) I love the fact that I could tell that Lady Edith was outside St. Pancras Hotel just by the bricks in the background.  

Like I said, no spoiler alerts, but I will say it was worth it.  

In an interesting tidbit, there is a bit of real-life drama going on over here because Lady Carnarvon of Highclere Castle (where Downton Abbey is filmed) has published a blog (those damn bloggers) that is dissing the show for certain inaccuracies.  It's causing a bit of drama because Highclere Castle was on the verge of bankruptcy 4 years ago.  Being that the inaccuracies are things like how the table is set, I think I would keep my mouth shut so as not to tick off Julian Fellowes.  Just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment