Saturday, August 24, 2013

I'm BAAACK!

I was reminded recently that my last entry on this site was in early July.  A lot has happened since then:

As my previous entry alluded to, I went to Budapest with Kelly and Kathy.  We also went to Venice and Padua.  I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to post those entries, but I will get to it.  I have so many pictures and cool stories that I need to write them down before my old age robs them from my memory.

I have signed on to continue working in the UK through the end of the year.  I will be going back and forth to US during this time.  There was a need to continue supporting the project I came over here to launch and also work on a few additional things.  The final details of the extension didn't get finalized until about 1/2 hour before my "leaving do" (aka going away party).  You can imagine the look on the faces of some of the people in the UK office.  It's kind of like "really?  I thought we got rid of you."  I'm like a bad penny.  Can't get rid of me.   While I was tooling around London and the rest of Europe, I likely wasn't wearing the best shoes.  My foot has been bothering me for a while and I didn't do anything about it.  As a result, I got this as a gift when I went home:
My robo-foot

Apparently, flip flops are not the best option for wandering around the cobblestone streets of Europe.  I have a tear in my Achilles.  I've been in my little contraption for about 4 weeks now and I will be in it until I go home in early September.  At that time, I'm hoping my doc tells me I can get rid of it and just do physical therapy.

As a result of the aforementioned club foot, my travel and activity plans have been severely limited.  I won't be able to do much fun stuff.  So, a lot of the short-term entries may be flashbacks of things that I haven't gotten around to writing about yet.  I knew that my procrastination would come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment